“Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”― Albert Einstein
People ask me for advice. Budding entrepreneurs, people struggling with their current business, people who are disillusioned with the business world.
It's super easy and simple, so listen up.
1. Treat people well. Do I really need to say this? Yes, I do. I'm consistently horrified by the stories I hear out there. Come on people. This is a super simple tenant and it ain't rocket science. Treat others exactly how you would want to be treated -- or even better. Take it up a notch! If you are not doing this, you are out of alignment because every human being wants connection and wants to walk their path with Grace and integrity. So if you are not doing this and you are treating others poorly, you are simply out of alignment. How to get back in alignment? I would suggest getting on your yoga mat, but hey, that's me. Do whatever you need to do – your "yoga" – to bring yourself back to your center. To remember who you are.
2. Don't trash talk. Don't gossip. No matter what others are saying – turn the other cheek. The end.
3. Let go of the your belief in competition. Embrace the concept of abundance. If you believe you are competing with others then you will cultivate a scarcity mentality which will permeate your mind, body and business. Let this go. Know that there is unlimited abundance for all and celebrate that.
4. Find things to celebrate often. The more that you celebrate, the more the universe will send you reasons to celebrate.
5. Don't listen to or give any energy to the haters. The more successful you are, the more you sparkle, the happier you are, the shinier you are, and the more you put yourself out there, the more you will attract haters. It's just a numbers game. It's not personal. It has nothing to do with you. In fact, other people's opinion of you is none of your business.
Follow these five easy suggestions – as always, take what you want, and leave the rest – and watch your business thrive. And your heart soar. And the world become a better place.